How do you use and connect a projector?
One of the most common scenarios of using the projector is in the classroom, here’s a guidance on how to precisely use and connect the projector in class.
1. Connect the laptop and projector cable before turning on the power.
2. Lower the curtain: press the key to open
3. Turn on the projector: Press the ON button on the remote control. (Do not press any button other than the ON button to avoid changing the default settings of the projector.)
4. Turn on the laptop and press FN + F8 to switch to the projector (don't press if it has been switched over)
5. Turn off the projector: Press the OFF button on the remote control (STANDBY)
6. Raise the projector screen: press the lift key.
7. Shut down the computer
8. Wait until the indicator light on the projector no longer blinks and turns red, and hear a sound, turn off the power, unplug the projector and computer cable; and level the switch board of the lifting screen.
Notes on using the projector
The multimedia projector is a valuable teaching equipment. It must be used and maintained in good habits and strictly in accordance with operating requirements.
1. The projector remote control should be managed by someone to avoid loss.
2. The projector-related equipment must be switched on and off in a certain order, and the projector cannot be switched on and off frequently (to avoid damage to the lamp).
3. Do not turn off the power immediately after the projector's remote control is turned off (because the projector is in a power-on and heat-dissipating state at this time, you must wait until the cooling fan in the projector is automatically turned off and cooling is complete before turning off the power). Wait for the fan sound to be heard before turning off the power (about 4 minutes).
4. Pay attention to dust, and never smoke when using the projector.
5. Try to keep the projector's working time within 4 hours each time (it should be stopped for 30 minutes before use when overheat protection occurs)
6. When opening and using multimedia equipment, use less or no chalk as much as possible to avoid the direct impact of chalk dust on multimedia equipment.
7. Protect the curtain. Do not touch the curtain with chalk, fingers or other objects. After the class, you should pack up the curtain in time to prevent the screen from deforming. When the electric curtain is lowered or raised, do not press the reverse switch. After any state is completed, the handle switch needs to be stopped.
8. The main socket should be closed every day after school to prevent accidental occurrence of the audio-visual equipment in the classroom when it is on standby.
Projection method of projector
Step 1: Connect the projector and laptop
1. Connect the laptop to the projector, press the power button to turn on the projector, and switch the computer screen to the projector.
2. It should be noted here that it is best to use the original connection cable when the projector is used. The length of the signal cable is generally not more than 15 meters. If it is too long, it will cause signal attenuation.
3. For a laptop with Windows XP system, open the laptop and press the keyboard combination key (Fn + F7) to switch the computer screen to the projector. Fn is a function key, and F7 is a computer screen output key. Due to the differences in notebook computers of different brands, the output keys are different, so it can be determined according to the specific notebook computer.
Step 2: switch the projector and monitor screen
1. The output key is generally one of F1 to F12, and has a small computer icon on it. The output key of most brands of laptops on the market is F7.
2. For a laptop with Windows 7 system, the screen switch combination key is: Windows + P. After pressing the combination key, fast projection management appears. In this way, press the left and right arrow keys to select.
3. At this time you can see four options: "Computer Only", "Copy", "Extended", and "Projector Only". "Computer only" means not to switch to an external monitor or projector. "Copy" is to display the same content on both the computer and the projector. "Expand" is to increase the display space of your notebook display and make the notebook display larger. You can put more windows on the desktop. "Projector only" means that the screen of the laptop itself is not displayed.
Step 3: Adjust the screen of the projector
1. When using the projector, you can adjust the size of the screen by moving the "size key" left and right according to the actual needs. If the screen is distorted, you can appropriately raise (or lower) the height of the projection or press the "keystone adjustment key" to adjust the screen.
2. After using the projector, press the "On key" of the projector's power. A prompt will appear on the screen to turn off the projector. Select "Off" and press "OK" to confirm.
3. At this time, please note that you must not unplug the power cord immediately. When the projector is turned off, it still needs some time to dissipate heat. At this time, the cooling fan will run quickly until the fan stops running before you unplug the power cord. .4. If you unplug the power supply immediately after turning off the projector, the projector will not get timely heat dissipation, which will seriously damage the hardware and its service life, so you need to pay more attention to this during the use of the projector.