There's only one reason to buy a projector. It's the immersive feeling that a huge screen can bring. Whether you are watching a movie or playing a game, this feeling can't be provided by TV.
With simple settings, you can create almost the same visual experience at home as you would feel in a movie theater. In a private space, whether it's just yourself, with a loved one, or with three or five friends, it's more relaxing and pleasant than in a movie theater.
Why buy a projection? Features of TV: long life, clear picture quality, brightness not affected by external brightness. It's also simple to choose a projection, which is the reason why you go to the cinema. Projection can easily display 100 inches, 120 inches or even higher screen size. Compared with TV, 80 inch TV, regardless of the price, move it home is a big problem.
Advantages of projector vs large size TV
Projector, together with computer, iPad and mobile phone, can form a mobile home e-learning center, especially for families with children, which is very interesting and practical. Many American families will put the projector in their children's playroom or bedroom, and put pictures and cartoons. If the wall or curtain area is large, the children will feel very immersive.
The projector mainly relies on the principle of diffuse reflection. The light is softer. Compared with traditional TV, it has less stimulation to the eyes and is not easy to cause visual fatigue.
7 standards for purchasing a projector
1. Black position ability: it directly determines the contrast of the projector and has a direct impact on the color saturation. Therefore, when choosing a projector, we should pay attention to the performance of the black part of the screen in the process of projection: it should not be replaced by dark gray, nor be huddled together. There should small details.
2. Projector resolution: generally, 720p resolution projectors and 1080p resolution projectors are suitable for use at home.
3. Service life: the service life of the projector is generally about four years. The light bulb may be broken in a year or two. It needs to be renewed before it can be used again. So when choosing a projector, we should also check its warranty period and after-sales service.
4. Lumen: lumen determines whether you can see the video in the daytime or white light. If it's not in the daytime, or when the lights are on, it's enough to choose a lumen between 800 and 2000.
5. Contrast: contrast determines the color level of the screen, and is the key to see more details of the screen. So, when choosing a projector, choose the product with the highest contrast within your budget.
6. Noise: if it's noisy, you will feel disturbing after taking it home. Generally speaking, products with noise below 40dB are acceptable.
7. Projection screen: the projector can cast a better effect on a white wall, but for a better viewing effect, it is recommended to buy the projection screen. According to the different production processes and surface coating, the projection screen is generally divided into ordinary white screen and glass bead screen.
Commercial projector or home projector
Commercial projectors and home projectors are quite different in terms of parameters and performance.
The resolution of commercial projectors is not very high, they are 720p or lower, and the ratio is usually 4:3. The brightness is much higher than that of ordinary household projection, which can reach more than 3000 lumens, and the lights are used without pressure during the day; the color reduction and contrast will be slightly worse than that of household projection.
In terms of home projectors, pay more attention to resolution. 720p and 1080p are mainstream. Of course, the trend must be 4K. In terms of the one of Brightness in 1000 - 2000 lumens, pay more attention to color and contrast performance.
Main factors determining the price of the projector:
Size of projection chip;
The size and complexity (chip size directly determines. The larger the chip, the higher the cost; of the machine (the entire optical path)
The size, structure, and material of lens and other peripheral areas (indirectly related to chip size).
Basically, there is only one chip size that determines the cost of projection. Different chip sizes determine the purpose of the projector and limit the final effect. So when choosing a projector, please focus on the size of new products.