Portable scanners generally refer to high-speed scanners or high-definition cameras plus OCR text recognition software. It mainly uses scanning (shooting) to image the scanned (shooting) medium, generally in a picture format. At this time, OCR recognition technology can be applied. The scanned high-definition image plus OCR recognition technology can convert the image into text information, and strip the text from the picture. In general, portable scanners are managed through their own matching management software.
The above is an introduction to the basic functions of the portable scanner. Here are some basic configurations that must be configured for a normal portable scanner:
- Resolution: In general, in order to obtain better OCR recognition, the resolution of the scanner is generally at least 600DPI. (The camera must be at least 130W pixels or more.)
- Portable scanners are generally only the size of a palm and are easy to carry out because such products are generally commercial goods.
- Portable scanners generally use USB power supply instead of printer interface. In this case, the transmission rate of the scanned image can be greatly improved.
- Portable scanners generally come with OCR recognition software, which can identify various materials with high quality.
- Portable scanners generally come with a set of excellent management systems, such as business card management system, ID card management system, bill management system, document management system, and photo management system.
The difference between a portable scanner and a large scanner
- Volume: Portable scanners are generally small and portable, used in business offices, on-site law enforcement, etc.; large-scale scanners are generally bulky large-scale high-definition scanners, used in enterprises and special industries.
- Use: Portable scanners are used for business; large-scale scanners are generally used in enterprises and specific industries.
- Interface: Portable scanners are generally USB interfaces; large-scale scanners are generally printer interfaces.
- Identification: Portable scanners generally come with identification software; large scanners generally do not come with identification software.
- Components Scanning: Portable scanners adopt CIS without preheating; large-scale scanners adopt CCD and needs preheating.
- Description: Portable scanners are generally used alone; large-scale scanners are generally compatible in one machine.
You may also like: